While conceptually this “LOCKDOWN” may work great against someone with the intent to abduct a child, we may have to start thinking outside the box when it comes to entrapping a mass shooter inside a building with innocent children huddled in the corner of a classroom, thus making themselves a bigger target for such a malicious act.
It’s disheartening and saddening that we have to address the possibility that something like this can happen, but it light of the recent tragic events, it’s now part of our reality, and nothing spells survival more swiftly than being prepared.
STW/911 Self-Defense Inc. is at the forefront in making schools safer. STW recognizes that each school is different and is prepared to provide their services in support of the President’s mandate.
The most recent event at Sandy Hook Elementary led to public outcry on gun reform. On January 15, 2013, Vice President Biden delivered his policy proposals to President Obama. The package of recommendations was released publicly January 16, 2013. In this plan, the President outlined how to make our schools safer.
- Bring in a Red Cell team to run live active shooter scenario. The only good plan is one this is tested for any weaknesses.
- Assists in developing safety and emergency action plans
- Assists in conducting threat assessments
- Provides training in critical decision making during an active shooter crisis
- Provides self-defense training and how to engage and disarm an intruder
- Provides CHL training for teachers and/or administrators who are selected to carry
- Teaches medical skills to treat wounds sustained from gunshots and edged weapons
For more detailed information, go to our new T.A.S.K. Website
If you would like more information or looking for an affiliate in your area, please send us your information.